- $150 for 50 minute session
- $200 for 90 minute session
**Telehealth is offered only to clients in Pennsylvania and Virginia
In order to provide high quality, focused, evidence-based specialty services, I do not participate in-network with any insurance companies. My credentials qualify for out-of-network reimbursement. I can provide all the information necessary for you to file your own claims for reimbursement.
How self-pay without insurance claims may benefit you:
1. You are in control of your care, including choosing your therapist.
2. Many specialty therapists are self-pay. Specialty therapists spend an extraordinary amount of time, dedication, and money on extra specialized education, training, supervision, and certification above the minimum requirement for basic licensure. Choosing a specialty therapist ensures that you receive the highest quality evidence-based treatment for your specific concerns.
2. Increased privacy and confidentiality (except for legal limits of confidentiality).
3. Consulting about non-psychiatric or diagnostic issues that are important to you and aren’t billable by insurance; such as learning how to cope with life changes, gaining more effective communication techniques for your relationships, increasing personal insight, wellness, and developing healthy new skills.
Out-of-Network Providers vs. In-Network Providers
In-Network Provider means the therapist has a contract with your insurance company to provide services at a certain rate determined by the insurance company in exchange for referrals and listing in the insurance database. In-network therapists are often generalists, without specialty training or niche practices. You will owe a co-pay each session. The therapist files a claim with the insurance company to obtain the rest of the amount agreed upon in the contract.
Out-of-Network Provider only means the therapist does not have a contract with your insurance company. The out-of-network therapist can either file for out-of-network claims to be paid directly to the therapist or directly reimbursed to the client after the client self-pays. Reimbursement directly to clients are usually quicker and more efficient, especially using an app like Reimbursify.
Pros of using Out-of-Network Provider:
You get to choose your own therapist based on expertise and compatibility, rather than choosing from a list of therapists your insurance company chooses.
Please contact your insurance company to verify your benefits and how your plan compensates you for out-of-network psychotherapy services.
Asking these questions to your insurance provider helps determine your benefits:
- Does my health insurance plan include mental health benefits?
- What is the process for filing my own claims for reimbursement?
- Do I have a deductible? If so, what is it and have I met it yet?
- What is the process for seeing an out-of-network provider?
- Does my plan limit how many sessions per calendar year I can have? If so, what is the limit?
- Do I need written approval from my primary care physician in order for services to be covered?
HSA (health Savings Account), cash, check, debit, and all major credit cards are accepted as forms of payment. Payment is due at the time of service.
If you are unable to attend a session, please make sure you cancel at least 24 hours beforehand. Otherwise, you may be charged for the full rate of the session. (Flexible cancellation due to illness and COVID-19 symptoms/exposure)
Any Other Questions
Please contact me for any additional questions you may have. I look forward to hearing from you!