Is anxiety taking over your life? Does it feel like you can’t control it no matter how hard you try? Have you already tried therapy but found it ineffective?
If this sounds like you, I can help. I utilize the most effective and cutting edge therapies to help you decrease parasitic anxiety, harness worry energy in productive ways, and implement skills that help you gain resiliency for a more fulfilling life.
When it comes to treating anxiety disorders, research shows that therapy is usually the most effective option. That’s because anxiety therapy treats more than just symptoms to the problem.
Often, these are the symptoms of anxiety:
- Nervousness, restlessness or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly
- Obsessions and intrusive thoughts/images
- Worry thoughts and rumination
Therapy can help you uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears, predict environmental sensory cues, learn how to relax, look at situations in a less frightening way, and develop better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills. Virtual therapy and biofeedback can provide you a realistic environment to practice skills learned in therapy.
If you suffer from anxiety, contact me today for a free consultation.